Why make your own Apple cider tea?
Of course this is a perfect, warming Autumn drink just in time for the holidays BUT you’re also getting fresh fruit and cinnamon. Cinnamon is a warming herb that is known for being an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, demulcent (coats the mucous membranes), and so many other things!
- Cinnamon: 2 sticks
- Apples: peel and core of 2 apples
- Oranges: juice of 2 large oranges
- peel and core apples and save the peels
- cut oranges in half and squeeze out all of the juice
- place apple cores and peels, orange juice, and two cinnamon sticks into suacepans
- add 4 cups of water
- bring to a boil on medium heat and then drop heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, covered
- strain and enjoy. sweeten if you’d like